Last week I was sort of watching the comedy-news show Wazzup Wazzup on Studio 23 when a news caught my attention: “Dating Magbabalot Pumasa ng CPA Exam sa Amerika”. The guy is Edelio Alday who, according to Vhong Navarro, is from Ding-galan, Aurora. Mr. Alday passed the said exam after working in Saudi Arabia. The news was short and there was no video clip or picture of Mr. Alday shown. The next day I Googled for his name and this is what i got, the list of passers for the Board of Accountacy in Oregon. Edelio Alday was first on the list since it is in alphabetical order. However, there are no other info about him.
Maybe a BB reader from Dingalan can verify this.
Update: The internets surely is a great thing. Here’s some takes on Edelio Alday, from the comments section:
e.d. aragon said: “Mr. Edelio Alday is a true blue Auroran. He was 1 year ahead of me in Wesleyan University-Phils. Cabanatuan. He was Batch ’96 and passed the Phil. CPA board exam on the same year. We are glad that our colleage in the profession, our Kababayan, and my schoolmate who also worked here in Saudi Arabia passed the CPA board in Oregon. Thanks for the info.”
anonymous said: “More information about Mr. Edelio Alday:
1. Valedictorian – Elementary 1988
2. Valedictorian – High School 1992
3. Magna Cum Laude – College 1996
4. Passed Phil. CPA Exam – 1996
5. Bachelor of Laws – 2 years in Arellano Law School
6. Currently working in Saudi Arabia as a Senior Internal Auditor – 2001 till to date.
7. Took US CPA Exam in the State of Oregon, USA from Nov. 14-17, 2005 and passed all the 4 sections, one of only 66 passers (only Filipino) in that State out of thousands of takers worldwide. In the entire USA, approximately 100,000 takers. US CPA Exam is the most prestigious exam in the World, a dream to take for every CPA anywhere in the World. A certified US CPA can work anywhere in the planet. Mr. Edelio Alday is one of just 1% passers in USA (1% passer for one-time sitting). Mr. Alday undertook a rigorous 7-month self-review mixing with ever demanding work, most of the time he has to go abroad (USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa). He has an extraordinary character, an epitome of a true Filipino, never gives up, with superb discipline, with strong belief in the power of prayer. He is the first Auroran who made it. Governor Angara invited him to attend next year’s aurora day to receive an award.
8. Mr. Alday started humbly, he is trully a balot, barbecue, day-old and pandesal vendor during his elementary and high school days to support his family and his study.
9. Mr. Alday is still a bachelor, 30 years old.
10. Born in Dingalan, Aurora, 8 July 1975.”
from another anonymous poster: “Mr. Alday should serve as a model to every student. During his college days as I still remember because he was my classmate, he has just one pair of pants and one uniform for almost two (2) years. He managed to complete his studies because he was a consistent academic scholar from 1st year to 4th year, meaning he has to maintain a sort of 1.25-1.5 grades. For all his accounting subjects, he almost got a grade of 1.0 for all accounting subjects. I have seen the sacrifices and suffering of Mr. Alday. But now, he has a 3-storey building, huge grocery and hardware stores, owns several parcels of land, and the most important of all, he has sent all his nephews and niece to College, one is now a full-pledged criminoligist; one is currently reviewing for May CPA exam; one will graduate this coming March (BSAccountancy); next year one will graduate; one more will enroll this month. Mr. Alday, envisions to put up his foundation to send to school less-fortunate bright kids.
Mr. Alday is actually my bestfriend till to-date.”
If you want to congratulate Mr. Alday personally, his email address is egaduralexsedlex at yahoo dot com