Powered by Max Banner Ads
3,517 views

Araw ng Aurora 2007 Day 6 – Drum & Lyre/CAT-1 Competition

Aurora Day 2007

February 14, 2007. The day’s main event is a double feature, the combined Drum & Lyre (marching band) and CAT-1 (Citizen’s Army Training) competitions. This is one of the most watched event of the Aurora Day celebrations and features marching bands and model platoons from different elementary and high schools in the Province competing for the different titles and top prizes. The Baler Fiesta version of this competition has been going on for decades that it has become part of the town’s cultural history. The names of some of the people involved with this event like Mr. Dan Nieva, Tumo Cuento and Alfons Sotero have become synonymous with the event that it would be unthinkable to see this competition happening without them.

Link to pictures after the jump

Aurora Day 2007

The  event started with a parade from the Baler Municipal Plaza to the Provincial Capitol. Competition started immediately with the CAT-1 platoons of different schools showing off their skills in military drills and situational problem solving. The drum & lyre competition started after lunch. I’ll still check with Tumo to get the list of winners.

There’s also an evening Valentine Magic at the Park event at the Quzon Memorial Park. It was organized by the Aurora Hotels, Restaurants and Resorts Owners Association. It is basically a dinner date setting with four close up magicians roaming the tables and occassionaly performing on stage to show their mind-boggling magics. The magicians were imported from Manila. It was a sold-out event and one of the surprise hits of the Aurora Day celebration. Unfortunately, I wasn’t there to cover it. I was already dressed up for the occasion when I sat in a sofa for a while. Next thing i know it’s already 4 in the morning. That’s valentine magic for me.

Click on slideshow below to see the pictures:

BubbleShare: Share photosFind great Clip Art Images.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Related posts:

1. Aurora Day: More Pictures
  2. Araw ng Aurora 2007 – Schedule of Events
  3. Araw ng Aurora Day 1 – Aurora Surfing Challenge
  4. Araw ng Aurora 2007 Day 3 – Aurora Surfing Challenge
  5. Araw ng Aurora 2007 Day 5 – Araw ng Mga Kawani
This entry was posted in Aurora Day, Events, Photos. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Araw ng Aurora 2007 Day 6 – Drum & Lyre/CAT-1 Competition

1. chesnut says:

the photos remind me of the days when i was still young and joining those competitions… thru my high school years we were always the champion…. errr… three consecutive years lang pala… there was one time MCC got the first place pero okey lang… ours is a Carmel School din naman. :) ang saya talaga pag Aurora Day!!!

2. shery says:

MCHS Maria madalas manalo nun.. pero nag lie low na sila ehehehe

3. UNKNOWN! says:

hahah! anjan bah c sir joseph! achecheche.. yung drummer ng san luis!

4. chesnut says:

yeah shery… so nice of you to remember. am proud to be an MCHS maria alumni and majorette of MCHS Drum & Bugle :D

5. Jocelyn says:

I left Baler when I was 8 yrs. old and left Philippines when I was 10 yrs. old. My mom always talk about her younger years and how fun it is. These pictures or any pictures of Baler always fascinate me. I guess eventhough I left Baler at such a young age, Baler is still in my heart and I still feel like its “home”. Which many times lead me to wonder…”What would my life be like if we did not leave Baler.” Don’t get me wrong, my life is great but very different than the lifestyle in Baler. For some weird reason, I always find myself coming back to a place I call “home” and that is Baler. Baler because that is where I was born and I will continue to call this my home.

Thanks Joseph for always keeping the memories alive.

6. Milio says:

Hi, Olyn, ikaw baga iyan?

Like what you said, my home will never change. I have been in so many places but at the end of the day, Baler is always my home.

Thanks for all the news and updates, Joseph.

7. Jocelyn says:

Hi Tito Emil,

Yes, it is me :-)

8. KG says:

astig ang MCHS Maria Aurora drum and lyre.

9. hello sa mga taga baler ang mga mahl kong kababayan…napakaganda namang panoorin ng compietition lalo pag madaming kasali…at nung batcth namin sa mount carmel walng tumalo sa amin ng 3years..magaganda kasi ang majorette namin non at sana ganon pa din ngaun.mga batch ko jan…san man kau naroroon ingat kau palagi sana mag reunion naman tau..maraming salamat din sa nag upload ng mga magagandang tanawin sa baler aurora at sana wag kang mag sawa at ng madami k png kababayan natin n mapasaya….God bless you all batang baler……AKAW ano!

10. daniel says:

ganda lng ni bding na ivy… It was 3 yrs ago.. SLNHS gogogogo… hehehe.. Sir tiko.. We mis u…